Chrysler Group LLC and Fiat S.p.A Open Mopar® Operations in Shanghai and Dubai
“With the opening of these two facilities, we are expanding our parts distribution network in order to fully support the growth taking place in these markets,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “As our vehicle brands continue to grow internationally, Mopar will continue to look for opportunities to effectively service our dealers and distributors, and ultimately our customers.”
The parts distribution center in China will integrate China domestic and regional operations, resulting in a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain and improved service levels for the company’s growing presence in China and Asia Pacific. The facility will be located in Yangshan Port Shanghai, a Free Trade Zone that offers Mopar the platform to support international trade from China. The 16,000 sq. meter facility will distribute more than 35,000 part numbers to more than 130 dealer locations in China and more than 20 third-party distributors and joint-venture partners throughout Asia Pacific. The warehouse will also be a referral point for other Mopar warehouses in South Korea, Japan, and Australia which service more than 200 additional dealer locations.
The 18,000 sq. meter parts distribution center in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) will be located in the Jebel AliFree Trade Zone, providing Mopar the benefits to support the redistribution of parts throughout the Middle East and Africa. The warehouse will move more than 30,000 part numbers to support Middle East and African general distributors and local sales companies.
12 Mopar Express Lanes Opening in Middle East
In 2011, five Mopar Express Lanes were opened Saudi Arabia (Riyadh and Jeddah), Kuwait and Jordan. In 2012, seven Mopar Express Lanes will open in United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi), Qatar (Doha), Saudi Arabia (Dammam and Jeddah), Iraq (Baghdad) and Kuwait.
Following are facts about Mopar’s current global footprint:
- More than 45 commercial offices and more than 50 parts distribution centers supporting more than 120 markets
- Parts distribution centers occupy nearly 20 million square feet
- 22 customer-care call centers
- 350,000 order lines daily
- More than 3,500 suppliers
- More than 11,000 ship-to locations
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 120 countries and is the source for all original-equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, SRT, and Ram Truck vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, SRT and Ram Truck vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at http://www.mopar.com.