Chrysler Brand Named “Top Popular Brand” in 2011 AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Awards
The Chrysler brand today was named the “Top Popular Brand” in AutoPacific’s 15th annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards. In addition, the new 2011 Chrysler Town & Country and the all-new 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee were named winners in the “Minivan” and “Premium Mid-size SUV” categories, respectively.
Chrysler Town & Country and Jeep® Grand Cherokee Capture Category Wins
- Chrysler Brand improves 19 spots compared with the previous model year to win the “Top Popular Brand”
- New 2011 Chrysler Town & Country wins “Minivan” category
- All-new 2011 Jeep® Grand Cherokee takes “Premium Mid-size SUV” category
- Jeep brand’s premium SUV has collected 30 awards since introduction last summer
- 15th Annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards measures how satisfied an owner is with his/her new vehicle
“Vehicles that score highest in the Vehicle Satisfaction Awards are delivering value and satisfaction across a wide range of attributes, performing well in 48 separate categories that objectively measure the ownership experience.” says George Peterson, President of AutoPacific. “The new Chrysler Town & Country and Jeep Grand Cherokee demonstrate that Chrysler’s new approach to product execution is resonating with buyers.”
For 2011, every Chrysler brand vehicle is new or significantly refreshed, resulting in beautifully-crafted vehicles with new powertrains, upgraded suspensions and world-class interiors and an exhilarating driving experience.
“Chrysler is honored the satisfaction experienced by our owners with their new Chrysler vehicle resulted in winning the ‘Top Popular Brand’ in AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Awards,” said Olivier Francois, CEO-Chrysler Brand. “Chrysler is passionate about building vehicles that customers are proud to own, and this award, based on owner feedback, reinforces the 2011 Chrysler lineup does just that.”
Accolades continue to mount for the Jeep brand’s premium SUV, as the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee receives the highest spot in vehicle satisfaction for the “Premium Mid-size SUV” category.
“The AutoPacific Vehicle Satisfaction Award is another important accolade for the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the 30th award the vehicle has captured,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “Few vehicles ever reach this level of recognition. At Jeep, we are delighted that consumers, as well as influential opinion leaders, are recognizing Grand Cherokee’s exceptional blend of on-road refinement, legendary real-world capability, craftsmanship, premium design, safety, efficiency and value.”
About 2011 Chrysler Town & Country
The new 2011 Chrysler Town & Country minivan is the best choice for families that want a vehicle with elegant styling, a well-crafted, versatile interior and technology which makes travel more enjoyable for everyone, all at a remarkable value.
With new sophisticated styling, an all-new elegant interior including improved, more comfortable Stow ‘n Go seating, a new powertrain that offers best-in-class horsepower along with excellent fuel economy, a re-engineered suspension that results in a fun-to-drive experience and more than 40 standard safety and technology features, including SafetyTec, the 2011 Town & Country is well-equipped with features families appreciate.
Chrysler is the only manufacturer to offer the Stow ‘n Go seating and storage system which allows both second- and third row seats to stow completely in the floor, providing a flat load floor on demand; a dual-screen DVD entertainment system that can play different media at the same time and is gaming system compatible, SIRIUS Backseat TV; and standard SafetyTec, which includes Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Crosspath Detection, ParkView rear backup camera, ParkSense rear park assist system, rain-sensing wipers and SmartBeam headlamps.
The Chrysler Town & Country was the first luxury minivan, introduced in 1989. Over the years, Chrysler has delivered 75 minivan-first features, including five new minivan-first features for 2011: a heated steering wheel, Stow ‘n Place roof rack, “super” center console, a new fuel economizer mode and SIRIUS Travel Link, the first time it has been offered in a minivan.
With seating for up to 7, the most cargo capacity in the minivan segment, more than 40 standard safety features and a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $30,995, the 2011 Chrysler Town & Country is well-equipped with features families value.
About 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nearly two decades ago, Jeep invented the premium SUV segment with the introduction of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. More than 4 million sales later, Jeep improves the formula and delivers the ultimate combination of Jeep 4×4 capability and on-road refinement with the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
The all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee boasts premium on-road performance while maintaining the Jeep brand’s legendary four-wheel-drive, torque-on-demand two-speed transfer case and towing capability. Capability features include a choice of three 4×4 systems, a new Jeep Selec-Terrain™ system and a new Jeep Quadra-Lift™ air suspension system. New front and rear independent suspension systems deliver premium on-road handling and comfort.
The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee delivers improved fuel economy (up to 23 mpg) and a driving range of more than 500 miles, courtesy of Chrysler Group’s all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine.
Jeep Grand Cherokee’s unique combination also includes a stunning new design, a world-class interior cabin, more than 45 safety and security features, and a variety of advanced technology features.
The premium flagship of the Jeep® brand – the all-new 2011 Grand Cherokee – has captured 30 awards from a number of publications, television and on-line media outlets, journalist associations and industry organizations.
The distinctions have included several “Best SUV” awards highlighting the overall performance of the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee, and have also focused on a variety of individual attributes – including leading 4×4 and winter-driving capability, world-class interior design, customer satisfaction, safety and environmental innovation.
Through the April 2011, Jeep Grand Cherokee sales were up 89 percent versus the first four months of 2010.
The all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has captured the following 30 awards:
- 4×4 Australia Magazine: 4×4 of the Year
- Auto123.com: Mid-size Utility of the Year
- Auto Bild allrad: Best Imported 4×4 (between 40,000 and 60,000 Euros)
- AutoPacific’s Vehicle Satisfaction Awards: Premium Mid-size SUV category
- AutoWeek: Best of the Best 2011 Truck
- Car and Driver: 2011 Editors’ Choice Awards/Mid-size SUVs
- Car and Driver: Best Performer – Interior Sound Level
- Car Middle East Magazine: Family Car of the Year
- Consumers Digest: Best Buy
- Decisive Media: Urban Wheel award – 2011 Urban Truck of the Year
- Detroit News: Truck of the Year
- Four Wheeler magazine: Four Wheeler of the Year
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS): Top Safety Pick
- Internet Truck of the Year (2011)
- Kelley Blue Book: 2011 Top 10 Family Cars
- Motoring 2011: 2011 SUV/SUV Over $40,000 award
- Motorweek: Drivers’ Choice Award
- msn.Autos: Safest Cars in America/Safest Sport Utility Vehicle
- New England Motor Press Association: Official Winter Vehicle of New England
- Northwest Automotive Press Association: Best SUV
- Northwest Automotive Press Association: Best Off-road SUV
- Playboy: Best SUV
- Popular Mechanics: Automotive Excellence award – Off-road Ability
- Ruedas ESPN: Best SUV
- Rocky Mountain Automotive Press Association: Best SUV
- Society of Plastics Engineers: Environmental Innovation award
- Texas Auto Writers Association: SUV of Texas
- Texas Auto Writers Association: Full-size SUV of Texas
- Ward’s: 10 Best Interiors
- Utah Rides: 2011 Truck/SUV of the Year
About Chrysler Group LLC
Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 from a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Mopar and Fiat vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide distribution network required to compete on a global scale, the alliance builds on Chrysler Group’s culture of innovation, first established by Walter P. Chrysler in 1925, and Fiat’s complementary technology that dates back to its founding in 1899.
Headquartered in Auburn Hills, Mich., Chrysler Group’s product lineup features some of the world’s most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Challenger and Ram 1500. Fiat contributes world-class technology, platforms and powertrains for small- and medium-size cars, allowing Chrysler Group to offer an expanded product line including environmentally friendly vehicles.